Content writing is a skill that isn’t as easy as it sounds. Sure, you could be getting the basics right. Your grammar is on point, your vocabulary is versatile and your writing style flows off the tip of the tongue like poetry.
Yet, you may be wondering why your articles aren’t garnering enough readers, even though they are seemingly spotless and error-free? Here is how Search Engine Optimization can help you out:
What is SEO?
To understand the fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization, we must first understand how search engines such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo work. Without getting too technical, the crux of the workings is this: When the user types in his/her query, the search engine sends out a “crawler” which, as the name suggests, extracts results relevant to the user’s query.
Finally, the results appear on screen by how relevant they are. If your article features on the first page of the search engine, then congratulations,
How can you increase reader traffic?
To increase reader count, there are two things you can do. The first and most obvious technique is advertisements. You pay a fixed amount of money to certain sites and these sites will in turn display your articles in the form of advertisements. While this certainly looks like the “easy way outs,” it is an inorganic form of increasing reader traffic.
These have to be delicately placed around your article and are usually meant to be highlighted in bold. The keyword density can vary depending on the length of the article. For example, a 1000-word article would have a keyword density of 2%.
Benefits of SEO:
- Search Engine Optimization is cheap. You don’t have to spend exorbitant amounts of money to get readers to click your article.
- Search Engine Optimization is fairly easy to learn. You don’t have to have an extraordinary knowledge of IT to know the fundamentals, all you have to do is think from the perspective of a user typing one’s query.
- Search Engine Optimization generates more clicks. Statistics have shown that users are more likely to click on an organic result than an advertisement. This may be because the general crowd has a disliking for advertisements and prefer to rely on Google’s algorithm.
Points to remember:
- Search Engine Optimization is an organic method of attracting users to your website.
- Keywords form the backbone of Search Engine Optimization. Selecting the right keywords will go a long way toward achieving better results with SEO Advantages Of Corporate SEO Services.
- The inclusion of keywords in the title is a must.
- Use phrases that are likely to be used by the average user. Think from the user’s perspective.
SEO is a skill that, once mastered, is a cheap and hassle-free way to increase the number of visitors to your website. As the world continues to move into an increasingly digitalized age, it is pivotal that content writers and website owners are well educated on the intricacies and benefits of SEO.
Guest blog Posting That Connects Brands with Audience We’re focused on blog post creation, connecting with guest bloggers, and running successful Guest Posting campaigns.